Feature Story: The Power of Pro Bono
Every year Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA) works with hundreds of private attorneys who selflessly volunteer their time to provide their services at no cost to low-income clients. In a tough economy, TRLA’s services have been in high demand and these attorneys are a key resource to meeting that demand.
In the spirit of recognizing their commitment and saying “thank you” TRLA works with partner domestic violence shelters to select ten pro bono attorneys to honor at our annual Legal Access to Rural Shelters Conference in San Antonio.
This year’s winners of the Private Attorney Involvement Awards are symbols of the commitment that Texas lawyers have to low-income clients in need.
To read the entire story, click here.
Also in this edition of the TRLA Times:
- Annual Shelter Conference Held in San Antonio
- Legal Aid Receives $18000 Award to Serve El Paso
- Bee County Public Defender Program Opens to Help the Poor
- Attorney Kevin Dietz Honored for Work in Eldorado
- Court: FEMA Must Publish Disaster Guidelines
- TRLA Success Story: Mother Reunited With Abducted Daughter